Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Serve hot to 4 to 6 as a "slightly sweet and very mouth watering" first course soup. 4 servings
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tsp finely-minced ginger
- ½ – 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 lb kumara or sweet potato peeled, and chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup vegetable stock (also good with chicken stock)
- 3 cups milk - (about)
- salt to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Saute the onion, garlic, ginger, and curry in the butter in a large saucepan on medium heat until the onion is transparent.
- Toss in the chopped kumara and cook for 1 to 2 minutes without browning it.
- Add the stock, cover, and cook for 10 minutes, until tender.
- Puree the soup, solids first, then begin to thin with the milk.
- When pourable, return to the pan and continue adding milk until the soup is a good consistency.
- When ready to serve, reheat, then ladle into bowls.
- Swirl a tablespoon full of cream or coconut milk into each bowl, and sprinkle a pinch of fresh minced cilantro or scallion on top.