Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
From Jan/Reb 1993 issue of Cooking Light magazine
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 2½ cup water
- 1 cup Granny Smith apple, peel and slice
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained, 15.5oz
- 1 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1¾ cup diced red potato
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 6 cup hot cooked long-grain rice
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add bell pepper and onion; saute for 6 minutes or until tender.
- Sprinkle with flour and the next four ingredients.
- Stir well and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add 2 ½ cups of water and potato; reduce heat, cover and simmer 25 minutes or until potato is tender.
- Add apple, peas and beans; cover and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
- Serving size is 1 cup bean mixture and 1 cup rice.
Nutritional information Edit
- 398 calories | 3.2g fat | 11.2g protein | 80.5g carbohydrates | 4.8mg iron