Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 4 scallions, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- FRESHLY GROUND black pepper TO TASTE
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 2 medium-sized cucumbers, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 3 Tbs. chopped fresh coriander
- 1/4 cup chutney for garnish
- 1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts for garnish
1. Heat oil in large soup pot over medium heat. Add scallions, garlic and red bell pepper, and sauté until very soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in coriander, turmeric, cumin, pepper and coconut, and cook, stirring, until spices become fragrant, about 2 minutes. Stir in cucumbers and salt, and cover. Reduce heat to low, and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cucumbers wilted. Remove from heat, and let cool.
3. To serve, ladle soup into four bowls, and top each with spoonful of chutney and sprinkling of peanuts.