Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 5 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and diced (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 large Onion, diced (2 cups)
- 1 Tbs. fresh ginger, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 scallions (white and light green parts), chopped
- 2 large red bell peppers, diced (2 cups)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbs. curry powder
- 2 (15-oz.) cans Chickpeas
- 1 Tbs. cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
In large, heavy pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add Onion, ginger, garlic, scallions, red peppers, 1/2 teaspoon salt and curry powder. Stir, cover and cook 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in Chickpeas (with liquid) and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
Add vinegar and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Stir in sweet potatoes. Over low heat, gently stir mixture about 2 minutes to allow sweet potatoes to release some of their starch. Be careful not to break them up completely. Add cilantro and stir to blend. Serve hot.