What's for lunch? Whip up this flavorful chicken salad for a truly delicious (and healthy) midday meal. Serve this sensational salad as it is or try it inside half of a large scooped-out tomato or on top of fresh salad greens. In later phases, use it as a sandwich filling inside a whole wheat pita.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The South Beach Diet® Quick & Easy Cookbook. For information on the book click here.
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Makes 4 (1 cup) servings
- 1½ cups plain fat-free or low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- ½ small red onion, diced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk together yogurt, curry powder, and ginger in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in chicken, celery, onion, and cilantro; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve at room temperature or refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving for more concentrated flavor.
Nutritional information Edit
240 calories | 2.5 total fat (0.5 g sat) | 11 g carbohydrate | 44 g protein | 1 g fiber | 270 mg sodium