Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
What's for lunch? Whip up this flavorful chicken salad for a truly delicious (and healthy) midday meal. Serve this sensational salad as it is or try it inside half of a large scooped-out tomato or on top of fresh salad greens. In later phases, use it as a sandwich filling inside a whole wheat pita.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The South Beach Diet® Quick & Easy Cookbook. For information on the book click here.
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Makes 4 (1 cup) servings
- 1½ cups plain fat-free or low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- ½ small red onion, diced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk together yogurt, curry powder, and ginger in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in chicken, celery, onion, and cilantro; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve at room temperature or refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving for more concentrated flavor.
Nutritional information Edit
240 calories | 2.5 total fat (0.5 g sat) | 11 g carbohydrate | 44 g protein | 1 g fiber | 270 mg sodium