Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2½ cups water
- 1½ tsp chicken bouillon powder
- 2½ cups water
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 cups diagonally sliced celery
- large green pepper, seeded and cut into julienne strips
- 1 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 6 chicken breast halves (6 oz each)
- ½ tsp curry powder
- 2 cups unsweetened orange juice
- 2 tbsp dry sherry
- 1 tsp grated orange rind
- large sweet red pepper, seeded and cut into julienne strips
- Combine 2½ cups water, rice, and bouillon powder in a med saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 50 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Combine chicken, 2½ cups water, curry powder, and salt in a large Dutch oven; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes or until chicken is tender; drain.
- Bone chicken, and cut into bite-size pieces; set meat aside.
- Combine orange juice, cornstarch, sherry, and ginger in a small bowl, stirring until cornstarch is dissolved; set aside.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with pam; place over med-hi heat until hot.
- Add celery and peppers, and saute until crisp-tender.
- Stir in reserved chicken and orange juice mixture; bring to a boil.
- Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- To serve, spoon chicken mixture over hot, cooked rice.
Nutritional information Edit
- 332 calories | 32.1 g protein | 4.5 g fat | 39.3 g carbohydrates | 78 g cholesterol | 2.2 mg iron | 409 mg sodium | 51 mg calcium