Cook Time: 6
- 3/4 pound potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 pounds cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
1.Boil the potatoes in water until just tender, about five minutes. Remove the potatoes, add the cauliflower and cook about five minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
2.In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft. Add the curry powder and cook, stirring for two minutes. Add the potatoes and cauliflower and cook for two more minutes, stirring occasionally.
3.Add the lemon juice, salt and water. Cook until the liquid is absorbed, about five minutes.
- Curried Cauliflower and Potatoes from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource