Contributed by Healthy Recipes For diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The Diabetes Food and Nutrition Bible by Hope Warshaw
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ tsp curry powder
- ¾ lb cauliflower florets, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium russet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 cups 1% milk
- 2 cups fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a stockpot over medium heat, heat the oil.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the curry powder and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the cauliflower and potato to the pan.
- Add the milk and broth and lower the heat to simmer.
- Cook, partially covered on low for 20 minutes.
- Transfer the contents of the stockpot to a blender (in two batches if necessary).
- Puree the soup until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Nutritional information Edit
Per Serving (about 1¼ cups):
- 140 Calories | 4g fat | 5 mg cholesterol | 330 mg sodium | 19g carbs | 3g dietary fiber | 10g sugars | 8g protein
- Diabetic exchanges: 1½ carbs, ½ fat