Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes For diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The Diabetes Food and Nutrition Bible by Hope Warshaw
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ tsp curry powder
- ¾ lb cauliflower florets, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium russet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 cups 1% milk
- 2 cups fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a stockpot over medium heat, heat the oil.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the curry powder and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the cauliflower and potato to the pan.
- Add the milk and broth and lower the heat to simmer.
- Cook, partially covered on low for 20 minutes.
- Transfer the contents of the stockpot to a blender (in two batches if necessary).
- Puree the soup until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Nutritional information Edit
Per Serving (about 1¼ cups):
- 140 Calories | 4g fat | 5 mg cholesterol | 330 mg sodium | 19g carbs | 3g dietary fiber | 10g sugars | 8g protein
- Diabetic exchanges: 1½ carbs, ½ fat