Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Most Africans always have a number of salads to compliment the meats. Curried carrot salad is no exception.
- Makes 3,5 liters (14 cups) of curried carrots
- 2 kg carrots
- 1 kg onions
- 1 litre white vinegar
- 800 g sugar
- 150 g seedless raisins
- 15 ml salt
- 5 ml whole cloves
- 5 ml black peppercorns
- 50 ml cornflour
- 50 ml curry powder
- Peel the carrots and slice thinly.
- Cover the slices with water and boil till just soft.
- Peel and halve the onions.
- Slice thinly.
- Cover the onions with boiling water and leave to stand for 15 minutes.
- Drain the carrots and onions.
- Add the white vinegar, sugar, raisins, salt, cloves and black peppercorns to the vegetables and bring to the boil.
- Mix the corn flour and curry powder with 250 ml (1 cup) water.
- Add the curry mixture to the carrot mixture and boil for about 10 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- Spoon the hot curried carrots into clean hot jars and seal immediately.