Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground Beef
- 2 cups sliced onions
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 4-ounce can sliced Mushrooms, drained
- 2 to 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 21/2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Cook Beef and onions in Dutch oven or large skillet over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add rice and continue cooking until meat has browned.
- Add Mushrooms, curry powder, pepper, broth and worcestershire sauce; heat to boiling. Stir well, reduce heat, cover, and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Serve hot and top with sour cream. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.