Curried Beef with Rice from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 4
- 1 pound flank steak, trimmed of excess fat
- low fat cooking spray
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups cooked rice (or pasta)
- Wash and cook rice according to package instructions.
- Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
- Spray a large skillet with low fat cooking spray and heat to medium-high heat.
- Add green onions and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes then add curry powder, salt, turmeric and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add steak and sauté for 6–7 minutes or until done.
- Stir in tomatoes and reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 3 minutes until heated through and serve over cooked rice or pasta.