Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Curried Beef with Rice from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 4
- 1 pound flank steak, trimmed of excess fat
- low fat cooking spray
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups cooked rice (or pasta)
- Wash and cook rice according to package instructions.
- Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
- Spray a large skillet with low fat cooking spray and heat to medium-high heat.
- Add green onions and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes then add curry powder, salt, turmeric and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add steak and sauté for 6–7 minutes or until done.
- Stir in tomatoes and reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 3 minutes until heated through and serve over cooked rice or pasta.