Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Southern Living 2007 Cookoff Winner Party Starter category
- Prep: 15 minutes + 10 minutes for sauce | Soak: 30 minutes | Grill: 6 minutes
- Makes 12 servings and ⅔ cup of sauce
- 12 x 6-inch skewers
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 1¼ tsp garam masala
- 1¼ tsp roasted garlic and sea salt
- ¾ tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp peppercorn melange
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 1½ lb flat iron steak cut into 1-inch pieces
- jade sauce
- ½ cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- garnish: fresh cilantro sprigs, fresh mint sprigs
Jade sauce Edit
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 tbsp chopped green onions
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp grated lime rind
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp seeded and minced jalapeno pepper
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ¼ tsp salt
- Soak wooden skewers in water 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to 350°F to 400°F (medium high).
- Whisk together peanut oil and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl until blended.
- Add steak pieces, and toss to coat.
- Thread beef onto skewers.
- Grill beef, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat 3 minutes each side.
- Place skewers on serving platter, and drizzle with jade sauce.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Garnish, if desired.
Jade sauce Edit
- Process all ingredients in food processor 10 seconds or until thoroughly blended, stopping to scrape sides as needed.