Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 14 oz (400 g) lean boneless beef
- 2 tsp rice wine
- 3 cups (750 ml) vegetable oil for deep-frying; uses about 2½ oz (75 cml)
- 2 oz (60 ml ) clear stock
- 2 tbsp curry oil
- ¼ tsp salt, or to taste
- ¼ tsp ginger, chopped
- ½ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp cornflour dissolved in 1 tsp water
- ¼ tsp onion, chopped
- ¼ tsp hot red chile pepper, chopped
- Cut beef into 1-inch square chunks.
- Heat the oil in a wok over low heat to very hot, 350°F (180°C).
- Deep-fry the beef until it is cooked through.
- Remove beef, drain, and set aside.
- Pour the oil out of the wok, leaving a thin film on the bottom.
- Reheat until a haze appears on the oil surface.
- Add the curry oil, ginger, garlic, onion, chile pepper, rice wine, stock, salt, msg (optional) and sugar.
- Stir the cornstarch to blend and add.
- Add the beef, stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until the sauce is thickened.
- Sprinkle with sesame oil and serve.