Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 6 servings
- 6 x ½-inch-thick boneless pork chops
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- freshly ground pepper
- 5 tomatillos, papery skins removed, rinsed, quartered
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, quartered
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic
- juice of ½ lime
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or pancake syrup
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- Heat grill to medium-high or heat broiler.
- Season pork chops with ½ teaspoon of the salt, cumin and pepper to taste; set aside.
- Combine tomatillos, jalapeno, onion, garlic, lime juice, syrup, remaining ½ teaspoon of salt and pepper to taste in the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse 8 to 10 times until mixture is coarsely chopped.
- Transfer salsa to a microwave-proof bowl; microwave on high 3 minutes.
- Stir in the cilantro and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the pork chops until no longer pink inside, turning once, about 5 minutes per side.
- Divide salsa among 6 plates; top with pork chops and bean salad.
Nutritional information Edit
Calories 224 | Fat 11 g | Carbs 6 g | Sodium 439 mg | Fiber 1 g