Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 6 servings
- 6 x ½-inch-thick boneless pork chops
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- freshly ground pepper
- 5 tomatillos, papery skins removed, rinsed, quartered
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, quartered
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic
- juice of ½ lime
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or pancake syrup
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- Heat grill to medium-high or heat broiler.
- Season pork chops with ½ teaspoon of the salt, cumin and pepper to taste; set aside.
- Combine tomatillos, jalapeno, onion, garlic, lime juice, syrup, remaining ½ teaspoon of salt and pepper to taste in the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse 8 to 10 times until mixture is coarsely chopped.
- Transfer salsa to a microwave-proof bowl; microwave on high 3 minutes.
- Stir in the cilantro and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the pork chops until no longer pink inside, turning once, about 5 minutes per side.
- Divide salsa among 6 plates; top with pork chops and bean salad.
Nutritional information Edit
Calories 224 | Fat 11 g | Carbs 6 g | Sodium 439 mg | Fiber 1 g