- Contributed by Joanne at Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes about 4 cups.
- 2½ cups port wine, divided
- 1 (10½ ounce) jar red currant jelly
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- ⅔ cup orange juice
- 1½ tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2½ tablespoons cornstarch
- Bring 2 cups wine and next 8 ingredients to a boil in a large saucepan, stirring constantly; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring often, 20 minutes.
- Stir together remaining ½ cup wine and cornstarch until smooth.
- Stir in hot mixture; bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil, stirring constantly, 1 minute; cool.
- Pour sauce into sterilized jars, seal, and store in refrigerator up to one month.
- Reheat before serving.