Poultry Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate or 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 cup root beer or ginger ale
- Boil and debone 1 chicken. Saute with 1 chopped onions.
- Add 3 tablespoons. orange juice concentrate or 3 tbsps. orange marmalade. Combine 1 tablespoon corn starch and 1 cup root beer or ginger ale.
- Pour into pan with other ingredients. Simmer until done.