Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a refreshing, Asian inspired cucumber salad. I got this from the Williams Sonoma "Cooking from the Farmers Market" cookbook. The Sugar listed in the ingredients list was not in the original recipe, but I added it to suit our tastes. Cook time is maximum marinating time.
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- ½-1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 2 medium cucumbers, slices paper thin
- ¼ cup minced red onions
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a bowl, combine the rice vinegar, peanut oil, soy sauce, sesame oil and crushed red pepper and sugar (if using) and wisk well.
- Add cucumbers and red onion, and toss them in dressing.
- Cover and refrigerate for an hour or up to 24 hours.
- To serve, sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and chopped cilantro.
- Can be served chilled or at room temperature.