Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Castraveti cu carne de porc
- 1 lb / 500 g pork
- 8 medium sized pickles
- 2 tablespoons lard,
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 onion
- ½ teaspoon flour
- chopped dill
- Fry the pork pieces in lard until it starts to brown.
- Add the chopped onion and flour and let fry a little longer.
- Then add warm water to cover the pork pieces.
- Cover and simmer for half an hour.
- Prepare 2 inch / 5 – 6 cm long pieces of pickle.
- To the meat add pickles, tomato sauce, sugar, chopped dill and simmer until the meat is done and the liquid is reduced.
- You can also use raw onion instead of fried.
- In this case, add it with the warm water.