Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is similar to the recipe that my mother made when I was young. It is easy although the actual prep time seems long, it actually takes little time.
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 2 medium onions
- 2 – 3 tablespoons mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Peel cucumbers and slice thin.
- Layer in shallow dish, sprinkling each layer with salt.
- Let stand overnight.
- In the morning, drain cucumbers and rinse.
- Let dry on paper towels.
- Slice onions thin.
- Mix gently with cucumber slices.
- Beat together the mayonnaise or salad dressing, sugar and vinegar until creamy.
- Stir into mixed cucumbers and onions.
- The dressing should be plentiful so the salad is creamy.
- Increase amounts of dressing ingredients, proportionally, if needed.