Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 4 medium cucumbers (cut crosswise into ½-inch thick slices)
- 1 tablespoon of coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon of white vinegar
- 3 hard-cooked eggs
- 1 teaspoon of prepared mustard, preferably Dijon
- ⅓ cup of sour cream
- 2 teaspoons of white wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon of sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon of white pepper
- 4 to 6 large lettuce leaves, well washed and dried
- 1 tablespoon of finely cut fresh dill leaves
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cucumber slices, salt and vinegar and toss them about with a large spoon until the cucumber is well moistened.
- Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes, then drain the cucumbers through a sieve and pat them thoroughly dry with paper towels. Place them is a large mixing bowl.
- Separate the yolks from the whites of the hard-cooked eggs. Cut the whites into small strips and mix the egg whites into the cucumber.
- With the back of a large spoon, rub the egg yolks through a fine sieve set over a small bowl.
- Slowly beat in the mustard, sour cream, white wine vinegar, sugar and white pepper.
- When the dressing is smooth, pour it over the cucumbers and toss together gently but thoroughly. Taste for seasoning.
- To serve, arrange the lettuce leaves on a large flat serving dish mound the salad on top of them.
- Sprinkle with dill and refrigerate until ready to serve.