Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is THE classic sauce in which to dip many Thai or Vietnamese snacks, especially fried or roasted foods such as corn cakes, garden rolls, spring rolls, etc. One of my daughters makes this all the time and I finally wheedled the recipe out of her.
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- 6 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 1 – 3 teaspoon sambal oelek (red chilies ground with salt) or other chili paste
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 2 tablespoons peeled and finely chopped cucumbers
- Combine the first three ingredients in a small pan over medium heat and heat gently until sugar is dissolved and chile paste is thoroughly mixed.
- Remove from heat and pour into a bowl.
- Allow mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Stir in the coriander and the cucumber and serve immediately or, store in a well-sealed container in the refrigerator for as long as four days.