Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Zambia many raw vegetables are used in salads. To tossed greens you can add raw cauliflower, young fresh broccoli, very fresh string beans, cut in small pieces, raw carrot rings, zucchini, or any fresh young squash.
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 2 medium zucchini
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 4 tbsp sugar dissolved in 1 cup hot water
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp coarse black pepper (fresh ground if available)
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- Arrange in alternate layers: 2 medium cucumbers, scored with a fork, not peeled but sliced very thinly 2 medium zucchini, raw, same size as cucumbers, prepared the same way.
- Drain any water formed from cucumbers before adding the dressing.
- Allow vegetables to marinate in the dressing at least 1 hour before serving.
- Note that no oil is used in the above dressing.
- The amount of sugar is not excessive for this kind of dressing.
- An artificial sweetener may be substituted for the sugar if desired.
- Serve with meat, or poultry.