Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 1 cup chopped fresh okra
- 1 whole chicken cut into 8 pieces
- 2 tablespoons adobo seasoning
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1½ cups water
- 2 medium ripe plantains
- 2 medium tomatoes coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Season chicken with adobo.
- In a heavy cast iron skillet brown the chicken pieces in hot oil on all sides.
- Remove the chicken to a plate.
- In the remaining oil, stir fry the onion, garlic and bell pepper for about 2 or 3 minutes.
- Cut the okra in 1 inch size pieces.
- Cut away the tips and caps if desired.
- Peel the plantain and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Place the chicken in a deep stewing pot.
- Add the water and all the other ingredients.
- Cover and simmer until the chicken is very tender, about 15 minutes.