Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Pour the oil to a depth of 2 or 3 inches in a deep-fat fryer, Dutch oven or heavy skillet and heat to 350°F.
- Peel the plantains.
- Slice as thinly as possible (length-wise for "mariquitas" or in round chips for "chicharritas") using a mandolin if you have one, with the blade at its thinnest opening.
- Slide them into the hot oil in small batches to prevent clumping.
- Fry until golden brown and crispy (about 1 or 2 minutes), turning with a metal skimmer.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with salt and/or garlic salt.
- Serve immediately.