Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- ¾ cup sugar
- Use a soufflé or baking dish about five-cup capacity. You can also use individual ovenproof custard cups.
- Carefully remove the outer rind from the lemon. Don't cut too deep or you'll cut into the pulp! You just want the outer, mostly yellow layer!
- Scald the milk by bringing it quickly to a boil with the lemon rind and cinnamon stick stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Remove lemon ring and cinnamon stick after the milk cools.
- Heat ¾ cup sugar in the bottom of a metallic pan at medium-high heat until it begins to melt.
- Stir constantly to prevent burning! The sugar will turn to thick syrup with a light brown color.
- Quickly remove from heat and pour into your flan dish or into each of your individual custard cups.
- Tilt back and forth to cover the bottom and sides of the dish.
- The syrup will harden as it cools to form a thick shell.
- During the baking process, this shell magically transforms into a delicious dark caramel syrup.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar until thoroughly mixed and frothy; stir in the warm milk and the cream.
- Pour into the caramel dish (or dishes) and set it into water bath.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes (reduce time if you use a shallower, or individual dishes) or until knife comes out of center lean.
- Let cool in dish.
- Before serving, loosen sides with a knife and flip onto a platter with a rim.
- Be sure to spoon plenty of syrup over each serving.