- Prepare a caramel by adding the ¼ cup of water to ¾ cups of sugar in a small saucepan over medium to low heat.
- Stir while cooking until the sugar starts melting.
- Let it simmer.
- Use a pastry brush dipped in water to wash the sides of the pan free of granular sugar.
- When sugar starts to thicken and turn brown remove from heat and add 2 cubes of ice to stop the cooking process, being very careful not to get burned with any splattering that may occur.
- Coat a warm baking dish or round mold by pouring the caramel and swirl it around the sides and bottom.
- Put the coated mold aside( by the way the mold should be 9 inches in diameter).
- Now comes the good part.
- In a saucepan bring to a boil the milk with the lemon peel, cinnamon stick and salt.
- When the mixtures starts to boil remove from heat and let it cool a little bit.
- In a medium bowl beat lightly the egg yolks, egg whites, vanilla and sugar until well mixed.
- Pour into the bowl the slightly cooled milk and strain the egg and milk mixture into the caramel coated mold.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.