Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 3 medium sized Eggplants
- 1/2 pound lean ground round
- 1-1/2 cups minced white onions
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups herbed bread stuffing
- 1-1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Sauté the Onion in the butter in a 9" skillet for a few minutes, until onions are slightly translucent.
- Add the Beef and cook stirring constantly, for about 10 minutes.
- Cut the Eggplants in half lengthwise.
- Scoop the center out and reserve for the filling, leaving 1/4" around the skin.
- Boil the skins at medium high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Place skins on a cookie sheet and drain them on several layers of paper towels.
- Add to the skillet the reserved Eggplant centers and cook until tender.
- Remove it from heat and while piping hot, add 1-1/2 cup bread stuffing, seasonings and milk.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Fill the Eggplant skins with this mixture, being very careful not to break them.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the herbed bread stuffing and Parmesan cheese.
- Preheat oven to 400 and bake the stuffed Eggplants for about 20 minutes.
Contributed by Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.