- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 inch cube of salt Pork
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium Onion
- 1/4 green pepper
- 4 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 can dark red kidney beans
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- In blender or food processor, purée Onion and green pepper together (add a little water if needed).
- Set aside. In Dutch oven heat the oil on medium-high heat.
- Add the salt Pork and garlic cloves.
- Sauté until browned. Discard the garlic.
- Add the Onion and pepper mixture to theoil, stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce and continue to cook, stirring occasionally for another 5 minutes until the sauce is a deep, rich red.
- Stir in the rice and mix well.
- Add beans, water and salt and stir.
- Cook on high heat, uncovered until water begins to boil.
- Adjust heat to low.
- Cover and let simmer for 20 minutes until rice is tender.
Contributed by Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.