Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 1 package achiote paste
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 2 baby chickens
- 4 large links of hard dried Spanish chorizo
- 1 red onion, diced
- 5 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 bunch mustard greens, cleaned, trimmed and roughly chopped
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 large potato, peeled, diced and blanched
- 2 tablespoons green olives, sliced
- salt and pepper
- Combine in a food processor achiote paste, olive oil, cumin, coriander, oregano and the 1 tablespoon of garlic.
- Make sure to puree all these ingredients until it becomes a paste.
- Rub the marinade inside the chicken cavities, underneath the skin, as well as, outside.
- Allow the chickens to marinade overnight, refrigerated.
- Next day, heat up a large sauté pan.
- Add chorizo and cook for 5 minutes, until crispy, then add onion and 4 tablespoons of garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add mustard greens and deglaze with chicken stock.
- Cook for 2 minutes until greens have wilted, then add potato, green olives and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Once the stuffing has cooled distribute it equally into the chickens and place them on a sheet with a rack.
- Place in a preheated 375°F oven for 1 hour.