Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 1 package achiote paste
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 2 baby chickens
- 4 large links of hard dried Spanish chorizo
- 1 red onion, diced
- 5 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 bunch mustard greens, cleaned, trimmed and roughly chopped
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 large potato, peeled, diced and blanched
- 2 tablespoons green olives, sliced
- salt and pepper
- Combine in a food processor achiote paste, olive oil, cumin, coriander, oregano and the 1 tablespoon of garlic.
- Make sure to puree all these ingredients until it becomes a paste.
- Rub the marinade inside the chicken cavities, underneath the skin, as well as, outside.
- Allow the chickens to marinade overnight, refrigerated.
- Next day, heat up a large sauté pan.
- Add chorizo and cook for 5 minutes, until crispy, then add onion and 4 tablespoons of garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add mustard greens and deglaze with chicken stock.
- Cook for 2 minutes until greens have wilted, then add potato, green olives and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Once the stuffing has cooled distribute it equally into the chickens and place them on a sheet with a rack.
- Place in a preheated 375°F oven for 1 hour.