Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Recipe from sneakykitchen.com
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 small carrot, finely shredded (optional)
- 3 med garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp ground bay leaf
- 2 pkts Goya seasoning with saffron, or bijol or other red-yellow Spanish seasoning
- ½ tsp Accent
- black pepper to taste
- ½ cup raisins
- ⅔ cup broken salad olives, drained
- ½ cup dry white cooking wine
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- Heat the oil in a large deep skillet or Dutch oven.
- Add the ground beef, onion, bell pepper, celery and carrot.
- Stir and mash to break the meat into granules (a potato masher works great).
- Cook until the meat and onions start to brown, stirring frequently.
- Add the minced garlic and sauté, stirring constantly for another minute.
- Add the seasonings, raisins, olives, cooking wine and tomato sauce.
- Stir to mix.
- Turn heat to medium-low and cook, covered for about 15 minutes or until fairly thick, checking frequently so it doesn't stick or scorch.
- Add tomato paste and mix in well.
- Cook on low for another five minutes.
- Serve with white rice, fried ripe plantains and a light green salad.
- Leftovers can be used the next day to make Spanish rice or sloppy joes.