Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Yield: 1 cup.
Spinach salad Edit
- ½ lbs spinach, fresh, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp almonds, slivered, toasted
- ¾ cup cabbage, purple, shredded
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¾ tsp mustard, dry
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp celery seeds
- 1½ tbsp onion, minced
- ¼ cup vinegar
- ½ cup oil, vegetable
- Combine all ingredients except dressing in a large bowl.
- Toss and serve with dressing.
- Combine all ingredients in a jar.
- Cover tightly, and shake vigorously.
- Chill several hours.
- Shake dressing again before serving over salad.