Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe comes from an Estate Sale and were obtained when The Family Collection from The Wetzel Estate in Plano, Texas was purchased in 1982. Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ Cup brown sugar
- ⅓ Cup flour
- ¾ Cup pear Juice
- ¾ Cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- ½ Teaspoon vanilla
- Combine butter, brown sugar, coconut and flour
- Place in a rectangular baking dish.
- Bake at 400 °F for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from oven and stir again.
- Press this mixture against the bottom and up the sides of a pie plate.
- Combine brown sugar and flour in a saucepan.
- Blend in pear juice and milk
- Cook over medium heat until it thickens and comes to a boil
- Boil for ~1 minute.
- Gradually stir in beaten eggs and boil one minute longer.
- Turn off the heat and stir in vanilla and butter.
- Pour into crust and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Dip pear halves in an aixture of ¼ cup of sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Top individual pieces of pie with a pear half and a dollop of whipped cream.