Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Morgan Estate in Austin, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 pound fish fillets
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 egg white
- ¼ cup fine dry bread crumbs
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- 1½ teaspoons lemon peel finely shredded
- ½ teaspoon dried basil crushed
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Cut fish into serving size pieces.
- Mix flour, lemon pepper and ¼ teaspoon salt in a shallow dish.
- Beat egg white until frothy then place in another shallow dish.
- Combine bread crumbs, cornmeal, lemon peel and basil in a third shallow dish.
- Dip top of fillets into flour mixture then shake off any excess.
- Dip tops into egg white mixture then coat with crumb mixture.
- Spray a shallow baking pan with nonstick cooking spray then place fish fillets in pan coating side up and tuck under thin edges.
- Bake for 12 minutes.