Makes an excellent breakfast cereal or topping for yogurt.
Almonds, Shelled by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 16
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1¼ teaspoons vegetable oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup whole almonds
- ⅔ cup raisins
- In a 1-quart saucepan, combine sugar, honey, vegetable oil, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Stir over low heat until sugar is just dissolved.
- Remove from heat and mix in oats.
- Spread out evenly on a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Bake in center of 350°F oven for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle almonds over the top and bake 10 more minutes until almonds are golden brown.
- Cool completely, then mix with raisins in a bowl.
- Store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.