Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes an excellent breakfast cereal or topping for yogurt.
Almonds, Shelled by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 16
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1¼ teaspoons vegetable oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup whole almonds
- ⅔ cup raisins
- In a 1-quart saucepan, combine sugar, honey, vegetable oil, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Stir over low heat until sugar is just dissolved.
- Remove from heat and mix in oats.
- Spread out evenly on a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Bake in center of 350°F oven for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle almonds over the top and bake 10 more minutes until almonds are golden brown.
- Cool completely, then mix with raisins in a bowl.
- Store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.