Furikake is a rice topping in Japan. It's made up primarily of dried fish and there are many, many kinds of flavors.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes about 13 – 14 cups
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- garlic salt to taste
- 12 cups Rice Chex or favorite cereal squares
- 1½ cups Arare (rice crackers)
- 1 cup Iso peanuts
- 6 tbsp or more furikake
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the worcestershire sauce, sugar and garlic salt and mix.
- Preheat the oven to about 250°F.
- In a bowl, mix the cereal, arare and iso peanuts.
- Drizzle the butter mixture over the cereal mixture and toss lightly.
- Place the mixture in a large roasting pan and bake for about 1 hour.
- Stir it up 3 or 4 times during baking.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Store in airtight container or plastic zipperbags.