- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Baking Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Contributed by Jenn b aka Mom2sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 ounces Land o' Lakes Cheddar cheese, cut into 4 (2 x ½ x ½-inch) strips
- ½ cup cornflake crumbs
- 1 ounce (¼ cup) Land o' Lakes Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt 
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat oven to 400 °F.
- Cut a 3-inch slit in each chicken breast half to form pocket.
- Insert 1 strip cheese into each pocket. Secure each pocket with several toothpicks.
- Combine crumbs, shredded cheese and seasoning salt in pie pan or ahallow bowl.
- Place beaten egg in another pie pan or shallow bowl; Dip chicken in egg.
- Lightly press both sides of chicken in crumb mixture to coat. 
- Place chicken onto greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- ↑ substitute 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ↑ To make ahead: Prepare the chicken as directed above. Wrap each serving in plastic food wrap. Place in a resealable plastic freezer bag; Freeze. Thaw. Bake as directed above.
Nutritional information Edit
Nutrition Facts (1 Serving):
- Calories: 260
- Fat: 11g
- Cholesterol: 140 mg
- Sodium: 670 mg
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 31g