Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Bananas are grown in over 100 different countries throughout the world, and their sweet taste is very popular with children in Africa.
- Fruits and Veggies Matter Child Recipe Cards by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 2
- 1 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 tbsp firmly packed brown sugar
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- cooking spray
- 2 large bananas, medium-ripe
- ¼ cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a small bowl, melt butter in the microwave, about 45 secons.
- Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon until well blended.
- Coat a 9 x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Peel bananas; cut each banana lengthwise in half. Place cut-side down in baking pan. Brush with some brown-sugar mixture; sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until bananas are lightly browned. Serve warm.
- Try using a different variety of banana such as a red banana.