This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Steep Estate in Elmo, Texas in 1989.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 12 large fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup fine bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Wash mushrooms gently in cool water or wipe with damp cloth.
- Remove stems and chop.
- Sauté onion in butter then add stems, pecans, bread crumbs, lemon juice and salt.
- Mix well then mound mushroom caps with stuffing and broil for 4 minutes.