Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Tassel Estate in Wylie, Texas in 1986.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick oats cereal
- 2 cups puffed rice cereal
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Cream shortening then add sugars, eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add both cereals and coconut.
- Drop by teaspoon onto greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.