This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Tassel Estate in Wylie, Texas in 1986.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick oats cereal
- 2 cups puffed rice cereal
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Cream shortening then add sugars, eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add both cereals and coconut.
- Drop by teaspoon onto greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.