Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 8 servings, 2 ribs each
- 1 crown roast of Pork, 16 ribs
- 3 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup chopped Onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/2 cup seedless raisins
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 6 cups hot cooked rice (cooked in chicken broth)
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel, divided
- 2 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- Have butcher prepare crown roast. Season inside and out with 1-1/2 teaspoons salt and pepper.
- Place ribs down, in shallow pan.
- Roast at 325 degrees, basting occasionally, for about 2-1/2 hours or until meat at center registers 165 degrees on meat thermometer.
- Meanwhile, cook Onion in butter until soft but not brown.
- Add remaining 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, thyme, raisins, orange juice and sherry.
- Cover and cook over low heat about 5 minutes or until raisins are plump.
- Stir in rice and 1 tablespoon orange peel, tossing lightly to blend well.
- About 15 minutes before the meat is done, remove from oven.
- Pour off pan juices and reserve to make gravy, if desired.
- Turn roast, rib ends up. Fill center with orange rice.
- Spoon remaining rice around roast.
- Cover with foil to prevent drying of rice and return to oven until meat is fully cooked.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon orange peel and garnish with orange sections before serving.