Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from the Black Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1990. My mother has made this on several occasions and says it is delicious. Dated and source unknown.
- 1 crown roast of Lamb
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and slivered
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1-tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 12 new potatoes, peeled
- 1-tablespoon salt
- 1 bunch parsley
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Make small incisions in the meaty part of the Lamb every few inches and insert slivers of garlic.
- Paint the meat well with olive oil or rub with softened butter.
- Sprinkle all over with rosemary and pepper.
- Crumple a ball of aluminum foil and stuff in the center.
- Place on a small rack and surround with the potatoes in a low roasting pan just large enough to hold it.
- Place in the oven and immediately turn the heat down to 400.
- Roast until done, about 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil ball and immediately salt the meat.
- Remove to a warmed platter, and let rest 5-to-10 minutes before serving.