Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Southern Living 2007 Slow Cooked Sides
- Prep: 7 minutes | Cook: 2 hr
- Makes 6 servings
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1¾ cups uncooked converted long-grained rice (like Uncle Ben's)
- 2 (14 oz) cans chicken broth
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ⅓ cup pine nuts, toasted
- garnish: fresh basil sprig
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add rice, and saute 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Combine sauteed rice, broth, and next 3 ingredients in a 4-qt slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high 2 hours or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Stir in pine nuts.
- Garnish if desired.