Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Is mild picante sauce not spicy enough for you? Kick it up a notch with hot picante sauce. If you like it really hot, add chopped jalapeño.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Southern Living 2007
- Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 5 hr
- Makes 12 cups
- 2 lb beef tips, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (14½ oz) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, undrained (like rotel)
- 1 (10½ oz) can condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1 (8 oz) jar mild picante sauce
- 1 (10 oz) package frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 3 carrots, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- Combine first 10 ingredients in a 5-qt slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high 3 – 4 hours or until meat is tender.
- Stir together ½ cup water and flour.
- Stir into stew, cover and cook on high 1 more hour until thickened.