- 6 servings
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lbs boneless pork top loin
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp white pepper
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp dried oregano leaves
- 15 oz can chili beans in sauce, undrained
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes with onions and garlic, undrained
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- In 5 – 6 quart crockpot, mix together onion and garlic.
- Cut pork into 1½" cubes and place on top of onions.
- In small bowl, mix cornmeal, salt, pepper, cumin, and oregano.
- Sprinkle over pork cubes and mix to coat.
- Add undrained chili beans, undrained tomatoes and chicken broth to pork mixture.
- Cover crockpot and cook on low for 8 – 10 hours or until pork is thoroughly cooked.
- Add corn, cover crockpot and cook on high for 15 – 20 minutes or until stew is thoroughly heated.