Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This holiday side cooks on the countertop while your turkey and dressing fill your oven.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Southern Living 2007 Slow Cooked Sides
- Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 4 hr
- Makes 8 servings
- 2 (29 oz) cans sweet potatoes in syrup, drained and mashed (about 4 cups mashed)
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl; beat at medium speed with electric mixer until smooth.
- Add whipping cream; stir well.
- Pour into a lightly greased 3-qt slow cooker.
- Combine pecans and remaining 3 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle over sweet potatoes.
- Cover and cook on high 3 – 4 hours.