Choose to serve this casserole as a side dish or as an appetizer. Toasted Melba rounds make sturdy dippers for serving this dish right out of the pot.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Southern Living 2007 Slow Cooked Sides
- Prep: 20 minutes | Cook: 2 hr or 4 hr
- Makes 8 – 10 servings
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 (8 oz) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 (10 oz) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 (14 oz) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (10¾ oz) can reduced-fat, reduced-sodium cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 oz) container reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups (8 oz) shredded Monterey jack cheese with peppers
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and next 3 ingredients, saute 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain spinach well, pressing between layers of paper towels.
- Stir together spinach and next 7 ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir mushroom mixture into spinach mixture.
- Add 1 cup cheese, stirring well.
- Spoon into a 4-qt slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with remaining cup of cheese.
- Cover and cook on high 2 hours or on low 4 hours.