Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Southern Living 2007 Main Dish Marvels
- Make Ahead | Prep: 22 minutes | Cook: 7 hr
- Makes 6 servings
- 1½ lb skinned and boned chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup ketchup
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- 6 hamburger buns
- dill pickle slices
- Brown chicken 4 minutes on each side in 1 tablespoon hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Remove from heat, and place in a 4-qt slow cooker.
- Combine ketchup and next 6 ingredients.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on high 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to low and cook 5 – 6 hours.
- Remove chicken from sauce; shred chicken.
- Stir shredded chicken into sauce.
- Spoon mixture evenly onto buns, and top with pickle slices.