Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Southern Living 2007 Main Dish Marvels
- Make Ahead | Prep: 22 minutes | Cook: 7 hr
- Makes 6 servings
- 1½ lb skinned and boned chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup ketchup
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- 6 hamburger buns
- dill pickle slices
- Brown chicken 4 minutes on each side in 1 tablespoon hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Remove from heat, and place in a 4-qt slow cooker.
- Combine ketchup and next 6 ingredients.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on high 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to low and cook 5 – 6 hours.
- Remove chicken from sauce; shred chicken.
- Stir shredded chicken into sauce.
- Spoon mixture evenly onto buns, and top with pickle slices.