Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- From: Southern Living 2007 Main Dish Marvels
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 7 hr
- Makes 8 servings
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 (4-5 lb) boneless pork butt roast, cut in half
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 2½ cups)
- 1 (18-oz) bottle spicy barbecue sauce (like KC Masterpiece Spicy Original BBQ Sauce)
- 1 (12-oz) bottle Baja Chipotle Marinade (like Lawry's Baja Chipotle Marinade) or make your own
- garnish: sliced green onions
- Rub first 3 ingredients evenly over pork. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork; cook 10 minutes or until browned on all sides.
- Place onion and pork in a 5-qt slow cooker. Add barbecue sauce and marinade.
- Cover and cook on high 7 hours or until pork is tender and shreds easily.
- Remove pork to a large bowl, reserving sauce; shred pork. Stir shredded pork into sauce. Serve as is, over a cheese-topped baked potato, in a sandwich, or over a green salad. Garnish, if desired.