Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- From: Southern Living 2007 Main Dish Marvels
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 7 hr
- Makes 8 servings
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 (4-5 lb) boneless pork butt roast, cut in half
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 2½ cups)
- 1 (18-oz) bottle spicy barbecue sauce (like KC Masterpiece Spicy Original BBQ Sauce)
- 1 (12-oz) bottle Baja Chipotle Marinade (like Lawry's Baja Chipotle Marinade) or make your own
- garnish: sliced green onions
- Rub first 3 ingredients evenly over pork. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork; cook 10 minutes or until browned on all sides.
- Place onion and pork in a 5-qt slow cooker. Add barbecue sauce and marinade.
- Cover and cook on high 7 hours or until pork is tender and shreds easily.
- Remove pork to a large bowl, reserving sauce; shred pork. Stir shredded pork into sauce. Serve as is, over a cheese-topped baked potato, in a sandwich, or over a green salad. Garnish, if desired.