This queso dip freezes well. Spoon into serving-size freezer containers, and freeze up to one month. Thaw overnight in refrigerator. Reheat in microwave on medium.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Southern Living 2007 Sensational Starts
- Freezable | Prep: 22 minutes | Cook: 2 hr
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14½ oz) can petite cut diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup milk
- ¾ cup pickled jalapeno sliced, minced
- 1 tbsp juice from jalapeno slices
- 1 (4½ oz) can chopped green chiles, undrained
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp coarsely ground pepper
- 2 lb deli white American cheese, sliced
- Place onion in a microwave-safe bowl; cover loosely with plastic wrap.
- Microwave on high 2 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and next 8 ingredients.
- Roughly tear cheese, place in a 4-qt slow cooker.
- Pour onion mixture over cheese.
- Cover and cook on low 2 hours.
- Stir gently to blend ingredients.
- Serve with tortilla chips.