Tender chops cook on a bed of creamy potatoes in this all-in-one meal. It's a snap to assemble.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: the Taste of Home Slow Cooker Recipes
- 6 servings
- 6 bone-in pork chops (½ inch thick)
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 30 oz pkg. frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1½ cups (6 oz) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 10¾ oz can condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 1 can (2.8 oz) French-fried onions, divided
- In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides; set aside and keep warm.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes, 1 cup of the cheese, soup, milk, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Stir in half the onions.
- Transfer to a greased 5-quart slow cooker; top with pork chops.
- Cover and cook on high for 2½ to 3 hours or until meat juices run clear.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and onions.
- Cover and cook 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.